Youth Advisory Group Coordinator Role – apply now
An exciting opportunity has come up to be part of positive change for Aotearoa’s Rangatahi in 2022.
The Society of Youth Health Professionals Aotearoa New Zealand (SYHPANZ) which advocates, promotes, and enhances the development of all aspects of youth health, is looking to appoint a part time Coordinator at 0.5 FTE (approximately up to 20hours/week) for a one-year contract, with renewal possibilities. To establish and support the Youth Advisory Group and provide for their functional requirements to ensure that young people are enabled to participate fully and equally as partners in the Enhancement of School Based Health Services programme led by Ministry of Health.
What your role will be responsible for:
• To establish, coordinate and support the Youth Advisory Group.
• Establish and maintain terms of reference for the Youth Advisory Group, agreed with Ministry and reviewed annually.
• Contact and establish good working relationships with the Youth Advisory Group members as the main connection point and information source for issues related to the Group.
• Provide communications support including secure communication with the Group members and a comprehensive database of stakeholders.
• Establish, organise and facilitate the Group meetings in conjunction with chairs.
• Organise and support representatives of the Group to attend meetings and conferences.
• Provide any additional support for the Group to carry out its functions.
• Budget management – assist the Group to achieve its functions within the allocated budget.
• Develop and deliver an Annual Plan that provides advice to the Ministry.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the School Based Health Services partners that are collaborative and function effectively.
• Support development and delivery of a Communications Plan that supports the Annual Plan and the Ministry’s Mahi Tahi Action Plan.
• Act as the liaison on behalf of the Group within and across government and non-government organisations.
• Ensure communications are timely, high quality, and approved by the Ministry.
• Support the Group in networking and actively collaborating with other organisations involved in youth.
• Provide high quality policy analysis and analytical support as required by the Group
• Develop papers, reports and letters, as requested by the Group.
Relevant degree-level qualification in social work, community development, health promotion, public health or other relevant qualification and/or equivalent experience.
Relevant Health Promotion qualification
Relevant Youth Health qualification
• At least 5 years relevant experience working with young people in a leadership capacity, developing, facilitating and delivering project/ programmes.
• Demonstrated experience in influencing multiple stakeholders across a complex environment.
• Excellent ability to coordinate projects and activities with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels, particularly a diverse student population, and use of tact and diplomacy when communicating with key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to analyse data, evaluate programmes and make recommendations based on analysis and evaluation.
If this is a project you think you can lead from the front, then we would love to hear from you. Please send a detailed cover letter and C.V. through to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm 14 February 2022.
Please note no applications without a cover letter will be considered. Must be eligible to work in New Zealand and willing to travel.
Job applications close 14 February 2022, any questions please email email@example.com