School Based Health Services Enhancement Programme Project Manager
Want to manage a nationwide project that will impact the health and wellbeing of Aotearoa’s rangatahi?
We are the Society of Youth Health Professionals Aotearoa New Zealand (SYHPANZ).
All young people thriving in Aotearoa New Zealand.
“Te hoki atu ki te wāhi i ahu mai koe, te wāhi i whāngaitia e koe hei oranga mōu mō te rerenga ki mua”
To return to the place of your origin, the place where you can be nourished and sustains you for the journey ahead.
SYHPANZ advocates, promotes and enhances the development of all aspects of youth health. We are looking to appoint a part time Project Manager up to 0.5 FTE for a one-year contract, with renewal possibilities.
The Ministry of Health (now Health NZ) set up the School Based Health Services (SBHS) Enhancement Programme 2020-2024 to build assurance that SBHS are effective and efficient in improving outcomes for young people and achieving equity. This programme includes key stakeholder partners including SYHPANZ. Together, the partners have built an overall work programme for the development and implementation of the enhancements.
SYHPANZ will develop and implement a SBHS workforce development and support plan as part of the overall work programme. Your role is to project manage SYHPANZ SBHS workforce development and support plan.
The aim of the service is to develop, support and grow the health services so it:
- Provides a consistently high standard of healthcare delivery, particularly for our priority groups not currently well served,
- Contributes to equitable access and outcomes for rangatahi
- Reflects the diversity of the rangatahi it serves
The workforce will support young people to have:
- the skills they need to live healthy lives. I.e., tino uaratanga (“I have potential”), wairua (“I am essential”), and rangatiratanga (“I have self-determination”)
- the connections and relationships they need to support them to be healthy. I.e., aroha (“I matter”), whakapapa (“I belong”), and whanaungatanga (“I am connected”)
- access to high quality, culturally embracing SBHS. I.e., te Reo (“I have mana”), ōritetanga (“I am equal”), and manaakitanga (“I am valued”).
- Health qualification (preferrable Nursing) and relevant Youth Health qualifications
- Project management principals
- IT skills
What you will bring:
- At least 5 years relevant experience working within a leadership capacity, developing, facilitating, and delivering projects/programmes
- Excellent engagement and relationship management skills, and ability to build connections
- Influencing skills to the benefit of deadlines and project management
- Experience or knowledge of Te Reo, Te Ao Māori and Mātauranga Māori
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels, and use of tact and diplomacy when communicating with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data, evaluate programmes, and make recommendations based on analysis and evaluation
What we can offer you:
- Supportive whānau culture, flexible work location with remote work options and tools provided
- Opportunity to be part of truly benefiting rangatahi wellbeing and exposure to leaders in youth health, and rangatahi changemakers.
If this kaupapa calls to you and you have the experience and the skills to manage this mahi, then let’s kōrero.
Please send your resume and cover letter no later than 29 July 2022 5pm to email@example.com