COVID-19: Alert Level 2 – Guidance for School Based Health Services providers (19 May 2020)
This guidance aims to support safe decision-making and care delivery planning for School Based Health Service (SBHS) services while the New Zealand Alert Level 2 restrictions are in place.
The objectives of this guidance are to:
● support SBHS providers to safely re-introduce in-person care;
● protect the wellbeing of rangatahi and their whānau;
● focus on equity of health outcomes;
● limit the transmission of the COVID-19 virus; and
● maintain the safety of the workforce.
For further school focused public health advice and COVID-19 guidance, Iona Holstead, Secretary of Education, has been posting daily bulletins for school leaders. You can access the bulletins here. Issues specific to your in school service delivery should be resolved through liaison with the schools in your region.
Please download the attached files for the full article and additional resources and support.