Aotearoa’s Rangatahi Need You! Rangatahi Māori Advisory Rōpū Coordinator – Apply Now
An exciting opportunity for Rangatahi Māori in Aotearoa to transform their future.
Vision: All young people thriving in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Te Ūkaipō “Te hoki atu ki te wāhi i ahu mai koe, te wāhi i whāngaitia e koe hei oranga mōu mō te rerenga ki mua” To return to the place of your origin, the place where you can be nourished and sustains you for the journey ahead.
SYHPANZ promotes and enhances the development of youth health practitioners and services for rangatahi in Aotearoa New Zealand. We are looking to appoint a part time Coordinator at 0.4 FTE (approximately 2 days per week negotiable) for a one-year contract.
The intent of the Rangatahi Māori Advisory Rōpū is to support and influence the Māori Health Authority Plan. This position will facilitate leadership, and provide advice and guidance to ensure prioritising Mātauranga Māori, Te Tiriti principles, Te Ao Māori is valued and respected, and ensuring equity.
Rangatahi Māori would like your support to:
• Enhance rangatahi voices, perspectives, knowledge, and experience
• Participate in projects that enable rangatahi participation in designing health and disability services
• Contribute advice to the design and implementation of Mātauranga and Te Ao Māori solutions
• Contribute advice to data & digital, workforce and provider development solutions
• Development of health and wellbeing related resources for rangatahi
• Assist with intersectoral engagement with other rangatahi rōpū
• Relevant qualification and/or equivalent experience in Te Reo Māori
• Relevant degree-level qualification in Mātauranga Māori, community development, health promotion or other relevant qualification and/or equivalent experience
• Experience or knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Mātauranga Māori
• Experience with rangatahi leadership groups
• Contributions within your iwi and/or hapū
• At least 3 years relevant experience working with rangatahi in a leadership capacity, developing, facilitating, and delivering project/programmes
• Demonstrated experience in influencing multiple stakeholders across a complex environment
• Excellent ability to coordinate projects and activities with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels, particularly a diverse rangatahi population, and use of tact and diplomacy when communicating with key stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to analyse data, evaluate programmes and make recommendations based on analysis and evaluation
If this kaupapa calls to you and you can support the potential of our rangatahi Māori, then let’s kōrero.
The Rangatahi Māori Advisory Rōpū is established and extremely keen to get their mahi underway. So please don’t hesitate to send your resume and cover letter no later than 27 June 2022 5pm to email@example.com
A detailed job description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.