Kia ora koutou and welcome to the August edition of the YCAP newsletter.
This month we showcase local research and interventions, aimed at reducing youth offending and social harm, and improving outcomes for rangatahi.
In this issue:
- Help test out a new tool measuring changes in attitudes and outcomes for young people
- New Zealand research - Developing challenging young people: Honouring their authentic story
- Young offender to be first New Zealand prisoner to achieve Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award
- Te Ara Oranga Methamphetamine Demand Reduction strategy pilot
- Strengthening whānau aspirations webinar
- Kaitaia working together to solve recent crime spike
- Christchurch Youth Action Plan launched
- Positive results for Whānau Ora
- Ethnic Communities Development Fund opens
- Youth Week 2018 theme announced
- Events around the country
The YCAP Partnering with Communities working group are continuing to meet with local YCAP groups and Youth Offending Teams across the country. If you would like advice on your current community action plan, or would benefit from facilitation to create or refresh your plan, please do not hesitate to contact us. We really enjoy meeting people from around the country and learning about the exciting initiatives that you have underway!
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please get in touch at YCAPideas@justice.govt.nz.