Welcome to the Disability Connect e-bulletin for week beginning 18th July 2016. Click on the link below to access the e-bulletin and read about:
- Free Transition Expo 2nd August 9am-2pm - "The progression from school to community life" - Mt Eden War Memorial Hall, 489 Dominion Road, Mt Eden. No registration needed, just turn up on the day
- Child's Play OT - Sensory Integration for children and adults - they also see children that have Autism, Dyspraxia, Asperger's, Cerebral Palsy and more. See information on their Development Screening test, Social Skills program, School Readiness program and Anxiety program.
- August Disability Connect Seminars - Education Legal, Transition from school, Work and Income Supports in Disability, Planning for Adulthood and Living Options
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Workshop, Wellington, 18th August, 8.30am-4pm. FREE to attend, Registration is essential.
- Auckland Down Syndrome Association "Success in school-course", August 1st and 8th, Waipuna Hotel
- Manawanui in Charge workshops on Citizenship with Simon Duffy and Michael Kendrick, November 15th and 18th
- Dance Therapy NZ Parents Workshop "Attuning to your child" 18th August 6.30-9pm
- Foetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome NZ (FACS NZ) presentation - Foetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome "What is it?"
- Anxiety New Zealand are now offering services in Mandarin
- Glowkids are launching a Sensory Kindy
- Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for many articles, updates and things happening in the community
- Our e-bulletin includes links to a variety of interesting websites and articles about a wide range of disability issues.
e-bulletin 18 July 2016 PDF
Feel free to email any interesting news or upcoming events to Disability Connect and we will endeavour to include in our next e-bulletin due to go out the week beginning 8th August 2016.
Parent & Family Resource Centre Inc. trading as Disability Connect
09 636 0351